To Potential Members,
Anyone considering becoming a full patch holder must realize that this organization’s primary purpose is to seek God first and foremost in order to better serves Him, and must be willing to enter into a covenant with us to work toward that purpose. The covenant you will be entering into, should you become a patch holder, is a contract between the Lord, Sons of Thunder M/M and yourself. We take this very seriously as does the Lord. Although our different branches of the ministry will vary, the intent remains the same, glorify God and be a blessing to others.
Those who desire to become a Patch Holder of this ministry must first become active with others in the ministry, on a regular basis, for a period of approximately two to three months. During this time you will be what is known as a “hang around”. The purpose of this is that you and members in the STMM will have an opportunity to get to know each other. This will also allow you ample time to see if this is the right ministry for you. The next step is to become a “Prospect”, although to do so a full Patch Holder must first sponsor you. The Patch Holder that is willing to become your sponsor must get approval from an Officer or a second Officer should the sponsor themselves be an Officer. If you become a “Prospect”, your sponsor will be responsible for preparing you to become a full “Patch Holder” in every respect of the word. Prospecting time will vary based on your participation; however, it will take an additional two to three months. For many, being labeled a “hang around” or “prospect” is too humbling and for this reason they choose not to become a “Patch Holder”, but that is not our intent. The purpose for this period of time is to establish whether or not the potential member has a servant’s heart or a prideful spirit.
After having fulfilled all of the above requirements and having determined in your heart that the Sons of Thunder is where God would have you to serve Him, no less than three Officers shall meet, review, pray, and vote on your request to become a full Patch Holder of Sons of Thunder M/M. Anyone who is declined this request will be notified as soon as possible as to the Officers decision and reasoning, and can request a hearing before the Officers to make available any and all information as to the voting parties that you feel may not have been taken into account, at which time a second and final vote will be taken. Anyone accepted as a full Patch Holder would then attend a covenant prayer meeting to be anointed as a member of Sons of Thunder M/M.
Any Sons of Thunder patches, stickers, official T-shirts, or other related name or logotype, supplies or equipment, must be approved by the ministry officers and is the sole property of this ministry whether purchased by the ministry or an individual member. The purpose of this is to avoid anyone from defaming the integrity of this ministry.
Sons of Thunder M/M
Sons of Thunder M/M
Anyone wishing to become a member of the Sons of Thunder Motorcycle Ministries must comply with and agree to both the letter and the intent of the following regulations. Anyone who fails to follow any of these rules is subject to disciplinary action or having their membership withdrawn and/or declined and will be notified of reason or reasons for the decision. Any infraction of these regulations is subject to review by no less than three Officers and/or Directors of this ministry for the sole purpose of discerning the appropriate action to be taken by the ministry and in accordance with scripture as recorded in the Holy Bible to protect both the name and integrity of this ministry.
• You must believe Jesus is the one and only true Son of God and that He paid the full price for all sin through His death on the cross and that He arose again after three days and ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God.
• You must confess your sins to receive his forgiveness and be baptized with water as a sign of repentance as referred to in Matthew 3:3-8.
• You must have been born of Spirit as Jesus spoke of in John 3:3-8.
• You must attend the Sons of Thunder weekly bible study.
• You must confess that Jesus is your Lord and Savior as in Philippians 2:11.
• You must believe that the Holy Bible, in its entirety, is the Word of God.
• You must be willing to maintain a regular study of the Word of God, ready to both discern and observe it’s decrees to show yourself approved as stated in II Timothy 2:15.
• You must successfully complete the biblical studies of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, which have been approved by this ministry to become eligible as a Sons of Thunder candidate within a period of no more than six months. At which time all patches must be paid for in full.
• You must be willing to take direction from the Lord concerning His plan for your life and this ministry.
• You must be able to make a reasonable time commitment to this ministry and be willing to use the gifts God has given you to help us all fulfill what has come to be known as the Great Commission as it is written in Matthew 28:18-20.
• Anyone considering membership must realize that this is not an association and that you cannot join us as such, but rather a motorcycle ministry whose primary purpose is to seek God first and foremost in order to better serve Him, and must be willing to enter into a covenant with us to work toward that purpose.
• After having fulfilled all the above requirements and purposed in your heart that this ministry is where God would have you serve Him, no less than three Officers shall meet, to review and vote on your request to become a full Patch Holder of Sons of Thunder Motorcycle Ministries. You and your sponsor will not be in attendance, however, anyone who is declined membership will be notified as to the Officers decision and reason(s) why and can request a hearing before the Officers and no less than three members of the Board of Directors at which time a second and final vote will be taken. Anyone accepted as a full Patch Holder should attend a covenant prayer meeting to be anointed as a member of Sons of Thunder M/M.
• Any Sons of Thunder patches, stickers, official T-shirts or other related name or logo type supplies or equipment must be approved by the ministry officers and is the sole property of this ministry whether purchased or manufactured by the ministry or by an individual member. The purpose of this is to avoid anyone defaming the integrity of this ministry.
• If a member in good standing is called of God or otherwise to leave this ministry at any time they may do so in like manner, to turn in a letter of request to resign for either; (a) a request to terminate the existing covenant between us, or (b) an indefinite leave of absence, and the reason(s) why.
• Any Patch Holder(s) not tithing or making significant monetary contribution to the ministry has no voting rights as to how, why, or where any funds are administered.
• The status of a woman being a full Patch Holder will be dependent on the status of the husband. Any woman Patch Holder will hold the corresponding rank and privilege as her husband in the ministry, however she will be answerable to the governing body of the women’s branch of STMM.
• A single woman or married woman whose husband is abstaining from membership, requesting to be a full Patch Holder must follow all rules and regulations as stated above, with the exception that they shall be administered
by and through the women Officers and the women members of the Board without interference from the men.
• The ruling officers and governing board of directors reserve the right to oversee, disallow and/or discontinue any activities or endeavors which could be said or believed to be detrimental to the primary purpose or overall unity of STMM.
• The ruling officers and governing board of directors reserve the right to change any or all of the above requirements and regulations at any time by a majority vote of the officers and board. Such a change can be initiated and approved without the prior notice or approval of the general membership body.
• It should be realized that the membership patches are an outward symbol of an inward commitment to the Lord and your STMM brothers and sisters in Christ. There may be times when emotions run high and discussions become heated, however disrespect toward the patches, fellow members, and/or respected guests WILL NOT be tolerated. Any such actions or attitudes whether expressed or implied, will be dealt with by the officers and the board immediately. Possible sanctions could include but are not limited to probation or dismissal of membership.
Signing this document is indication that you have read, understood and agree to all of the above and are willing to adhere to them as stated. In addition it is and shall be from now on referred to and considered as a covenant agreement between the Officers and members of the Sons of Thunder Motorcycle Ministries and the undersigned new member. The only possible termination of this covenant is through either, a mutual agreement of said member and the current Officers of this ministry or the result of a vote by the Officers and Board of Directors of this ministry as a disciplinary action taken against same member.
I do hereby agree to and give signature as a testimony of my free will, act to enter into a covenant relationship as stated herein on this the_____ day of_________,______.
New Member President